Are you looking for some ways to turbocharge your job hunting? Have you got stuck in a rut and doing the same thing over and over again, is not bringing different results. Have a look at these 5 simple tips for inspiration.
- Begin with the end in mind – get really clear on what you want
- Schedule time each day to job-search. I’m not talking a cursory scan of the internet. Get really focused for at least 1-2 hours per day. And if you are unemployed then make it your full-time job to find a job!
- Let everyone in your network know you are available for work and what you want to do (refer to point 1)
- Don’t discount speculative letters. They DO work! The trick is to get it to the right decision maker. That’s where your homework comes in. I’m a great fan of going back to the old-fashioned way and send a printed CV and cover letter – emails can (and will) be ignored, but it’s kind of novel now to receive a letter! I’ve never known anyone open up up a letter and immediately put it down without reading a bit first
- Follow up! Ring a few days later to introduce yourself and ask whether they have received your CV and whether anything is available now or possibly in the near future
Give it a go – what have you to lose?